You are meeting your special someone after a long time, it is your anniversary night or you just feel like planning something romantic. You want to have a cosy date night at your place by cooking something special, but you also want the security of having something edible if anything goes wrong!
Thanks to viral social media food trends, you now have the perfect thing to make: Baked Feta Pasta
If you are active on social media you must have seen one of those satisfying videos of people making this dish. As gorgeous as it looks, it is absolutely delicious and also very light on the pocket!
Preparation time: 45 minutes
- Your choice of pasta: 200 grams
- Feta Cheese: 150 grams
- Cherry tomatoes: 200 grams
- Fresh Basil: 6 leaves
- Mushroom: 5
- Onions: 1
- Olive Oil: ¼ Cup
- Minced Garlic: 1 tbsp
- Tassyam Milano Pizza Seasoning 35g: 1 ½ tbsp
- Tassyam Red Chili Flakes : To taste
- Salt and Pepper: To taste
- In an oven-safe pan, sauté minced onions, garlic and mushrooms in a spoonful of olive oil. Cook on medium heat till brown. This should take about 5-8 minutes.
- Take the pan off the heat and make some space in the middle of the pan enough to fit in the block of feta cheese.
- Half the cherry tomatoes and place it in an even layer around the feta. Sprinkle red chilli flakes and pasta herb mix.
- Tear basil leaves and sprinkle over the pan. By this point, your pan should look like Italy’s flag.
- Drizzle the whole amount of oil over the pan.
- In a preheated oven bake your pan for 30 minutes at 190 C.
- If you do not have an oven you can put in on low flame and cover the pan with a lid.
- In the meanwhile cook your choice of pasta in boiling water strongly seasoned with salt and drizzled with oil. I would suggest spaghetti or fettuccini for this recipe for a fancy touch.
- Cook the pasta till its cooked through yet firm and has a bite: “al dente”, meaning to the tooth.
- Once your feta cheese is baked, with a wooden ladle mash the content of the pan into a paste. You do not need to make it very smooth.
- Add in the pasta and stir well so that everything is coated well. Season with salt and pepper. Remember that feta has salt already in it so make sure you taste your sauce before seasoning.
- Serve with bread and garnish with basil.
Enjoy your date night!