This Whole-wheat Banana Bread recipe is perfect to have on the go for a hectic week of work where you can simply grab a slice with some honey or butter and feel full without any fuss. You can also experiment with the spices as you desire, as well as choose the sweetener to your taste. It is also perfect for the winter season as it is the perfect comfort food to cozy up and curl in your bed with a cup of your favorite tea.
- 120g butter, at room temperature
- 70ml honey
- 3 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 350g whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup prepared Tassyam Assam Cardamom tea
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease the mould with butter and dust with flour. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the butter and the honey with an electric mixer for few minutes until fluffy. Add the mashed banana and already prepared tea. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Take one more bowl, add whole-wheat flour, baking soda, salt and spices and then mix till they combine. Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and whisk it to form a batter.
- Pour the batter into the mould and bake for 50-60 minutes, until it is risen and brown. Check by inserting a toothpick in the middle & see if it comes out clean.
- Cool for sometime before unmolding. Slice the loaf and enjoy.
- Serve with fresh fruits and delicious cardamom tea.
- You may also add different kinds of nuts like walnuts, roasted almonds etc.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for upto 5-6 days and heat when needed.