Bake a pretty and Christmassy arrangement of cookies to savor and share this holiday season. You can also make edible gift arrangements using these eye-pleasing and delicious treats.
Total Preparation Time: 1.25 hours
- 175g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 275g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Star Cookie Cutters
- 200g icing sugar, sieved
- edible gold and silver balls
- Beat the butter and sugar until creamy. Stir in the egg until it’s combined.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon powder, baking powder and then add the vanilla extract. Make a soft dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C. Sprinkle some flour on the surface, roll out the dough to about 5mm thick.
- Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place them on a lightly greased baking tray, leaving a little space between each.
- Bake for 12 minutes until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack to decorate as desired.
- Mix the icing sugar with a few drops of cold water to make a thick, but still runny icing.
- Spread it over the cooled cookies, decorate with edible balls when dry.
- Store in an airtight container.