Believe it or not, eating healthy can be easy and tasty if you follow some simple guidelines. All of us are trying to be healthy these days. After all, it helps reduce the risk of heart disease, liver disease, obesity etc.
Healthy eating is not about strict dietary limitations or depriving yourself of good food. Rather, it’s about making smart choices and using healthier alternatives.
So here’s a simple and delicious recipe that will satisfy your cravings without making you feel guilty. This recipe of Banana Nut & Oat Muffins is vegan, uses no refined sugar and is made of 100% whole grains.
- 2 tablespoons Chia Seeds (soaked in 6 tbsps. Water)
- ½ cup organic cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 big ripe mashed bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup crushed dry fruits
- Preheat oven to 200 degree Celsius.
- Take a bowl and add the bananas and the soaked chia seeds; mix well to combine both.
- Then mix the coconut oil and maple syrup in the mixture.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cardamom and almond milk; again mix until combined properly.
- Stir in the oats, whole wheat flour, and dry fruits until combined.
- Pour batter into the muffin moulds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
(Check by inserting a toothpick in the center of the muffins. If the toothpick comes out clean then the muffins are cooked.)