All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy! Well, in today's time it applies to each one of us. No matter how much one loves to work or is adapted to the working environment, a day or two is needed to take the much needed sigh of relief with deep and slow breaths. One does yearn to spend the weekend with family, friends and sometimes in solitary with nature's serenity for company. On such occasions we tend to let our diet go on a vacation too! That's all ok but later when the snooze mode is over it gets difficult to walk back on the nutritious path. A binge let me tell you doesn't stay a binge - it occupies a huge space in your taste buds for a long -long time.
However, have you given a thought on making these picnic /vacation snacks and binge in a healthy manner?
Well, no blame is on you because the team at Tassyam understands the hectic schedules you are surrounded with.
Hence, the Tassyam team have come up with healthy yet mouth watering snacks and munchies to pamper your cravings.
Let's begin with a refreshing drink.
Most of the time we tend to grab aerated drinks which often cause harm to our teeth and throat. It has too much of sugar which isn’t good for our health too!
Thus, Tassyam brings to you Lemon Powder to satisfy your craving to have something cooling and refreshing.
All you have to do is grab a jug with chilled water or soda for a fizz, add spoonfuls of Tassyam's lemon powder and there you go! It's ready to infuse a gush of energy to kick start the vacation mode for you.
If you have a sweet tooth you can drizzle Tassyam's Wild Multiflora Honey which again is a super healthy alternative for sugar.
For munchies - Tassyam brings to you their fantastic MUESLI.
What is Muesli?
Muesli is a breakfast and brunch dish that consists of raw rolled oats and other ingredients like grains, fresh or dried fruits, seeds and nuts, that may be mixed with milk or eaten in its dry form.
Muesli is extremely healthy!
1) Apart from being known as diabetic friendly food, it is a good source of omega-3-fatty acids since it has a lot of nuts and seeds. Omega-3-fatty acids not only cater to healthy eyes but also give glowing skin and protect from heart diseases.
2)Since muesli is a rich source of carbohydrates it keeps your energy levels high.
3)Muesli is also known to control blood pressure levels and also keeps hypertension under check.
4)Muesli contains different types of antioxidants which help in protecting the body against free radical damage. Antioxidants also help in keeping you stress free and prevent ageing.
Now that's know some muesli health benefits, let's look at few quick picnic binge muesli recipes!
1) Muesli Chivda
- Tassyam Rolled Oats
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 9-10 curry leaves
- 10-12 Tassyam Cashews and Raisins
- 3-4 spoonfuls of Tassyam Roasted Peanuts
- One tsp of mustard seeds
- Two green chilies sliced.
What to do
- Heat the pan and add olive oil.
- Once the olive oil is heated, add curry leaves, mustard seeds, chillies and let it cook for a minute or two.
- Add cashews and raisins. Cook till it turns golden brown and you get a nutty fragrance.
- Add the oats and cook till the they’re is roasted well. Then, switch off the gas and let it cool.
- Once cooled, pack it in an airitight jar.
Your healthy muesli chivda is ready for munching.
Tip: you can add tamarind chutney and green coriander mint chutney along with a dash of lemon to make it into Muesli Bhel!
2) Muesli chocolate milkshake
- Tassyam Rolled Oats
- 1 glass chilled milk
- 2 spoonfuls of cream
- 1 spoon of cocoa /chocolate powder or chocolate spread.
What to do
- In your blender, add teh oats, two spoons of cream, chilled milk and chocolate powder /spread / cocoa powder.
- Blend well.
- Take a tall glass and pour the milkshake carefully.
Garnish with muesli and it's ready to be slurped.
3) Muesli biscuit tower
- Tassyam Super-Fruit Muesli
- Hung curd
- Crushed digestive plain biscuits
What to do
- Take a shot glass and layer the bottom with crushed digestive plain biscuits.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix hung curd and muesli .
- Remove the shot glass from the fridge and add a layer of hung curd and muesli mixture.
- Refrigerate again for twenty minutes and follow the same process until you don't have two layers hung curd and muesli mixture divided by the layer of digestive plain biscuits.
- For the top layer, garnish with toasted muesli!
Chill in the refrigerator for fifteen minutes and it's ready to be relished!!
Muesli can also be tossed in Greek yogurt and/or eaten with pancakes. Muesli can also be used as a coating for your paneer or tofu pops in order to get that perfect yet healthy crisp! So you see how a single ingredient can be used in multiple ways and that too in a nutritious way making all your oh so craving food healthy!! At Tassyam, we strive to give you the best product in its natural and purest form. We do not add any artificial sweeteners,flavours or colours. We ensure that our delivery is on time and we aim at making your shopping experience with us positive and memorable.
"During picnic, staying true to your diet is not all that hard, Because Tassyam and Team are now on the cards! "