Make your own bake-free energy bar at home with natural ingredients and without any added preservatives or additives. It’s not too hard and made with a mix of 100% natural dry fruits including dates, walnuts, pistachio, healthy seeds like sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds and rolled oats.
This is an ideal sugar-free energy bar flavoured with honey and green cardamom for a natural sweetness. What’s more, you can vary the nuts and seeds combo to your preference as well and make it suit your own taste.
Whether you want to indulge in a healthy snack option or make a healthy dessert for kids, this energy bar is your recipe to beat the hunger.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 14 Pieces
1 Cup Dates
1 Cup Hot Water
1 Cup Almonds
1 Cup Cashew
1/2 Cup Walnut Kernels
1/4 Cup Pistachio
1/4 Cup Sesame or Til Seeds
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
1/2 Cup Honey
1 Tsp Cardamom Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Coconut Chews
1. In a bowl soak the dates in 1 cup hot water for 2 hours. Then, blend it to a smooth paste without adding any water.
2. In a pan, add cashew, almonds, walnut, pistachio, sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds.
3. Roast it in low flame till the nuts are crunchy for up to 5 minutes
4. Transfer the roasted nuts to a bowl and keep it aside
5. Further in the pan, roast 1/2 cup of rolled oats on medium flame till it turns aromatic and then blend it to a fine powder. Keep this aside
5. Next, in the pan add the dates paste and saute it on medium flame until it thickens
6. Once the paste starts to thicken add the roasted nuts, oats powder, coconut chews, 1/2 cup honey, 1 tsp of cardamom powder and a pinch of salt
7. Mix it well to ensure that everything is combined well and keep the flame on low
8. Once the mixture starts to thicken, transfer the prepared mixture into a greased plate that is lined with butter paper
9. Set it well to form a block and once cool, refrigerate it for an hour
10. Then unmould it and cut it into pieces. Your snack bar is ready. Store in an air-tight container