You must be wondering how pasta can be healthy and tasty at the same time. We bring to you this quick and easy vegan recipe of Pumpkin Seed Pesto Pasta. It is very delicious and you can have it without any guilt.
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3-4 fat garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 cup chopped coriander
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups penne pasta (or any other pasta of your choice)
- ½ cup water
- Roast the pumpkin seeds in a pan until puffed and lightly browned. Keep aside.
- Meanwhile, fill a pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and let it simmer until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to bite for about 10 minutes. Drain well and keep aside.
- Add the pumpkin seeds, soaked cashews, garlic cloves, coriander and lemon juice to the blender and pulse the ingredients to make a coarse paste. Then add onion powder, chili flakes, oregano, salt, and pepper to the paste and mix well.
- Heat oil in the pan and then add the pesto paste. Add water and cook it until it forms a smooth sauce.
- Take the pasta in a serving dish and pour all the sauce over it. Toss well to combine the pasta with the sauce properly. Serve it hot.