This holiday season enjoy the delicious recipe of sweet and spicy nut brittle. Grab a chunk of this tasty treat, filled with your choice of almonds, cashews or any kinds of seeds. It is a nut lover's delight. You can also pack some in pretty wrappers to give as gifts.
Total Preparation Time: 15 minutes
1 cup almonds
1⁄2 pumpkin seeds
1⁄2 cup cashews
1⁄2 cup sunflower seeds
2⁄3 cup maple syrup
60 gms butter
1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
2 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Take a large bowl and add the almonds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, sunflower seeds.
- Add ground cinnamon, pepper and salt and mix well.
- Pour in the maple syrup and melted butter; make an even mixture.
- Line a tray with baking paper and spread the mixture in one layer on it.
- Place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Stir the mixture evenly and bake for another 2 minutes. Allow the mix to stick and let it cool down to room temperature.
- The mixture will become brittle and crunchy when cooled. Cut or break into equal pieces. Serve and enjoy with your loved ones!