Walnut Wellness with Tassyam
There was a little heart inside a little white house, which was inside a little yellow house, which was inside a little brown house, which was inside a little green house.
What are we talking about?
Yes. You are absolutely correct. It is a walnut.
Walnut is considered as a heart-healthy snack that is rich in protein, antioxidants, and omega-3 fatty acids. Walnut trees are native to eastern North America but are now commonly grown in China, Iran, and within the United States in California and Arizona.
Walnuts are available both raw or roasted, and salted or unsalted.
Health Benefits of Walnuts
- Boosts heart health
I-arginine – an amino acid with multiple vascular – benefits to people with cardiovascular issues. Alpha - linolenic acid helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels.
- Weight Management
Walnuts are one of those nuts that help you feel full, which means that it increases satiety. The rich source of protein and fiber makes it a healthy snacking option, especially for vegetarians.
- Bone Health
Essential fatty acids, in walnuts, secure the bone health of the body. They increase calcium absorption and deposition while reducing urinary calcium excretion.
- Brain Health
Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids, which help improve memory and focus.
- Antioxidant Power
Walnuts rank second in the list of ‘antioxidant-rich’ foods after blackberries. Antioxidants also help prevent liver damage due to chemicals.
- Improve Metabolism
Walnut, along with EFAs, provide minerals like manganese, copper, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc. These minerals help contribute to metabolic activities like growth and development and digestion.
- Controls Diabetes
People suffering from diabetes can have walnuts on a regular basis without any significant weight gain since they contain a high amount of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.
- The Romans called walnuts Juglans regia, “Jupiter’s royal acorn.”
- The United States is the second largest producer of walnuts, accounting for approximately one third of the total world production.
- In China, pairs of walnuts have traditionally been rotated and played with in the palm of the hand, both as a means to stimulate blood circulation and as a status symbol.
- The most walnuts crushed by the hand in one minute is 212, achieved by Prabhakar Reddy P, (India), in Andhra Pradesh, India, on 13 August 2017.
At Tassyam we believe in brining health at its best to you. We do not want you to cut down on your cravings and lead a bland life. Thus the team at Tassyam brings to you everyday used and eaten ingredients in its natural form so that you can without any guilt eat it and at the same time maintain your health and follow a nutritious lifestyle. All our products at Tassyam is in the natural forma nd we do not add any artificial colours or aromas. We believe in serving you the best!!
- Walnut Brownie
You Will Need :
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups Tassyam Walnuts
What to Do:
- Sieve the all purpose flour, powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Mix milk and melted butter well.
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients well into a smooth batter.
- Add Tassyam Walnuts and mix well.
- Add 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp baking soda.
- Pour the batter in a greased mould.
- Tap the batter once on the platform and place it in a pre heated oven for 25-30 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Once baked, de mould it and let it cool. Cut it into desired shape and relish it with Tassyam Chocolatea or vanilla ice cream.
- Walnut Salad
You Will Need :
- One green apple finely chopped
- One red apple finely chopped
- 1 cup Tassyam Walnuts(Toasted)
- ½ cup Tassyam cranberries
- One cup crumpled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4-5 cups red leaf lettuce
- 1/3rd cup finely sliced red onion
- 3/4th cup apple cider / juice
- 2tsp honey
- 1/4th tsp salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Canola oil
What to do :
- In a small bowl whisk the cider, honey,salt and pepper.
- Gradually add oil and whisk.
- In another bowl add finely chopped red and green apples, red lettuce leaves, Tassyam walnuts and cranberries, crumpled Gorgonzola cheese and finely sliced red onions.
- Drizzle the mixture over the salad and mix well. Toss and coat well.
- Walnut salad is up for grabs!!